Flaky Quiche Crust.
You can cook Flaky Quiche Crust using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Flaky Quiche Crust
- It’s of For The Crust.
- Prepare 1 of Large Egg.
- Prepare 2 1/2 Tbs of ICE COLD Water.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 140 Gr of UnSalted Butter – Cubed.
- Prepare of For The Filling.
- It’s 200 Gr of Lardon – Smoked or UnSmoked.
- Prepare 50 of Gruyere Cheese.
- Prepare 200 ml of Creme Fraiche (I used Sour Cream – Also Good).
- You need 200 ml of Double Cream.
- It’s 3 of Eggs, Well Beaten – (I used 2 medium Chicken eggs and 1 Duck egg and it was Amazing).
- It’s Pinch of ground Nutmeg.
Flaky Quiche Crust step by step
- In the Bowl of a food processor, add flour and salt and Pulse, add the butter and pulse until looks like course meal. Add in the egg and Ice Water, pulse until dough forms.
- Transfer the Dough onto a floured surface and roll out to over the size of your flan dish. Put ontop of the dish and press lightly into place. Then using a knife remove any excess..
- Put into Freezer for 20-25 mins – this needs to be very cold before filling is added..
- Method for Filling – Heat a frying pan and cook the lardons, drain the fat and cook again but do not allow to crisp. Remove from pan onto paper towels..
- Cut 3/4 of the Cheese into Cubes and Great the rest..
- Slacken the crème Fraiche and whisk in the cream, then slowly whisk in the eggs. Add a little salt and the nutmeg..
- Sprinkle the Lardons and 3/4 of the cheese into the pastry base and pour in about 1/2 of the mixture. Then put half way into the oven on a baking sheet (pre-Heated to 220c). Then Pour the rest of the mixture in and close the Over – Lower Temp to 190c and cook for 25 mins until top is golden..
- Remove the quiche and let settle for 5 mins remove from tin and eat – it is also good cold :).