Best Cinnamon Bun.
You can have Best Cinnamon Bun using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best Cinnamon Bun
- You need of Dough.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast or instant yeast.
- It’s 1 cup of milk lukewarm(105-110F).
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of softened butter/margarine.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of softened butter/margarine (for spreading).
- It’s of Cream cheese icing.
- You need 6 tbsp of softened butter/margarine.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream cheese at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Best Cinnamon Bun step by step
- For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk with a tsp of sugar (from the 1/2 cup of sugar) in a large bowl. Let it sit for about 5-10 mins til it’s frothy..
- To the bowl of your mixer add the sugar, butter/margarine, eggs, and flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the milk/yeast mixture over the flour mixture and using the dough hook, mix well until well incorporated and the dough comes clean from the side of the bowl. Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size..
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl..
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter..
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approximately 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approximately 1/4 inch in thickness..
- Spread the 1/3 cup of butter evenly over the dough, then sprinkle with the sugar evenly over the surface of the dough..
- Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge. Cut the dough into 1 1/2 inch slices, and place in greased baking pan. You can use floss/thick thread to slice the dough. Place the cut rolls in the prepared pan. Cover with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rise for another 30 minutes, or until doubled in size..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown..
- While the rolls are baking, make the icing by mixing all the icing ingredients and beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth. Spread icing on top when the rolls are done! ENJOY!.