The Healthiest French Fries.
You can have The Healthiest French Fries using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The Healthiest French Fries
- Prepare to taste of Pink Himalayan or purple salt -.
- Prepare Half of a stick of salted butter.
- It’s of Potatoes of choice, use pee wee potatoes for best results.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Chilli powder.
- Prepare of Cajun powder.
- You need of White pepper.
- You need of Avocado oil, or avocado and coconut oil blend.
The Healthiest French Fries instructions
- Turn on pan to low heat and pour a layer of avocado oil.
- While the oil is heating up, wash, peel (or keep skin on), and cut potatoes to preference.
- Season potatoes to taste with salt, cajun, and pepper or any other seasonings to taste.
- Put the potatoes in a plate or bowl and cover with a piece of paper towel to dry them a bit, if they are too wet, the oil can pop a lot while they cook.
- Turn the heat up to medium and place potatoes in oil.
- Add 1/4th of the stick of butter to pan and move it around until it melts, while also stirring the potatoes.
- Turn the between high and medium at a few minute intervals so they cook well inside and out, add the other 1/4th of the butter stick half way through cooking as they start to yellow. You can tell they need more butter if you stick a fork in a potato and it's hard, it should be soft so they have a fluffy texture.
- Add a couple of drops of lemon juice right before they come out, don't add it too early because they can burn.
- Once they become light to medium brown, turn off the heat and place them onto a plate with a paper towel under them so it soaks up excess oil and add any additional seasoning to taste.
- Let them cool off a little and enjoy.