World's Best Bread™ (remix).
You can have World's Best Bread™ (remix) using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of World's Best Bread™ (remix)
- You need 420 g of bread flour.
- You need 340 mL of filtered water.
- It’s 8 g of salt.
- It’s 1 g of dry yeast.
World's Best Bread™ (remix) instructions
- Mix yeast and salt in the warm filtered water (around 35ºC)..
- Introduce the flour and mix well, until there is no dry bits left. A silicone spatula works well to scrape the sides of the bowl..
- Cover (with a damp towel, or cling film) and let rise in a warm place for 12 hours. Be aware that the dough will double in volume and make sure to use a bowl big enough for it not to overflow or stick to what you used to cover it. (See for yourself in the picture!).
- Pour out the dough gently on a lightly floured surface. Then fold it in thirds 4 times while stretching it lightly..
- Prepare a bowl with olive oil and flour to prevent the dough from sticking (you might need to be generous!), then move the dough to that bowl..
- Cover the dough then leave it for another 2 to 3 hours. Expect it to rise again!.
- Put a big enough pot (cast iron or anything thick enough to retain good heat is best) in your oven, and preheat it to 250⁰C. You want to make sure the pot is VERY HOT or the bread will stick when you bake it..
- Once the oven is ready, take out the pot, pour the dough in (you should hear a sizzling sound if it's hot enough), put the lid back on and bake for 30 minutes at 250⁰C..
- Take the lid off, reduce the oven temperature to 230⁰C, then bake for another 15 minutes..
- Your bread should be ready, with a nicely colored crust. Even though it's hard to resist, make sure to let it cool down before trying to slice it open!.
- As I only eat 1 to 2 slices a day, a loaf can last me a few days. I usually slice the whole bread once it's cooled down, wrap slices individually in plastic wrap and store them in the freezer. A few minutes in the toaster in the morning and it's as good as fresh bread!.