Mango, caramelized macadamia nuts, and sea salt. The Best Caramelized Mango Recipes on Yummly A rich and creamy mango puree topped with fresh, chopped mangoes with a generous sprinkle of crunchy macademia nut crumble. The rich and creamy flavor of macadamia nuts makes for a great addition Macadamia Nut Brittle.
These delectable macadamia nuts are lightly dusted with sea salt for a pleasant taste from Royal Hawaiian Orchards. Perfectly roasted macadamias sprinkled with a dash of sea salt – subtle yet sublime. Our unsalted roasted macadamia nuts are a delicious and supreme-sized Hawaiian delicacy. You can have Mango, caramelized macadamia nuts, and sea salt using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mango, caramelized macadamia nuts, and sea salt
- Prepare 1 of good sized mango.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped macadamias.
- Prepare 1 tbs of butter.
- You need 1/8 cup of sugar.
- It’s of Whipped cream.
- You need of Sea salt (note: use very little).
- It’s of Mint leaves, chopped (for garnish).
- It’s of Lemon or lime slice (optional).
Freshly roasted in-house, available in bulk & ready to ship. I am allergic to sea salt and sea salt is being thrown into everything these days. I have always been pleased with the products from Nuts.com. Add coconut oil, coconut syrup, vanilla, lime rind, remaining coconut cream and a pinch of sea salt.
Mango, caramelized macadamia nuts, and sea salt step by step
- Cut open the mango, cube the flesh, then scoop it out with a spoon. Arrange it on your plate more artfully than I did..
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, then add butter, sugar, and nuts. When the sugar starts to melt, mix thoroughly to coat and stir constantly to avoid burning, for about 5 minutes. Spread nuts on parchment paper to cool..
- When nuts are cool, sprinkle them over the mango..
- Add whipped cream in such amount as you like, then sprinkle the mango VERY lightly with sea salt (adds a great balance to the sweetness)..
- Garnish with mint and serve. You might also serve with a slice of sour citrus on the side in case people want to cut the sweetness a bit more..
Add sea salt to taste and remove the vanilla bean and green cardamom pods (reserving the vanilla bean for another use). The caramelized mango can be served hot or cooled to room temperature. You can also refrigerate it for a few days — letting it come to room temperature or gently reheating it before. Macadamias are a tough nut to crack, as the saying goes. While nuts are warming, place the sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sugar melts Once chilled, remove the plastic strip, top with caramelized macadamia nuts and macadamia sponge.