The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe. Everyone needs a basic spaghetti Bolognese recipe that still tastes great, no matter how simple. Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently until it's super rich. This is designed to be a low cost recipe.
I make this Spaghetti Bolognese more than any other recipe. period. Not only do I absolutely crave its hearty, rich, meaty sauce bursting with flavor but it is SO effortless. Not only is this Spaghetti with Bolognese incredibly delicious, but it's easy to make as well! You can have The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- Prepare of Main Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of carrots, trimmed and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- It’s 2-3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped.
- It’s 500 g of minced beef.
- Prepare of Bolognese Sauce.
- Prepare 2 of x 400g tins plum tomatoes.
- You need of Small pack basil, leaves picked (3/4 chopped, rest left whole).
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 2 of fresh/dried bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- Prepare 2 of beef stock cube.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 of red chilli, deserved and finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar.
- You need 6 of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of fresh black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of To season and serve.
- It’s 75 g of parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve.
- Prepare 400 g of spaghetti.
- Prepare of Crusty bread, to serve.
Whether you're new to cooking or have advanced skills, this. Chelsie Collins demonstrates BBC Good Food's recipe for the ultimate spaghetti Bolognese, deliciously meaty with a chilli kick! Spaghetti Bolognese is based upon delicious tomato sauce with the combination of garlic andnatural herbs that gives this dish an extra punch. Although, wine is a key ingredient for Spaghetti Bolognese but to cater those who prefer non-alcoholic food, we have specially jotted down a recipe.
The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe instructions
- Gather and prepare all ingredients.
- Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Reduce the heat and add the two onions, two carrots, two celery sticks, two garlic cloves and the leaves from 2-3 sprigs rosemary, all finely chopped, then fry for 10 mins. Stir the veg often until it softens..
- Increase the hear to medium-high, add 500g minced beef and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes until the meat is browned all over..
- Add two tins of plum tomatoes, the finely chopped leaves from 3/4 small pack basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 Bay leaves, two tablespoon tomato purse, 1 beef stock cube, 1 deserved and finely chopped red chilli, 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar and 6 halved cherry tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the plum tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce. In between, add the pinch of sugar for flavor. Don't forget the salt and fresh black pepper.
- Add the 75g grated parmesan cheese, check the seasoning and stir..
- When the bolognese is nearly finished, cook 400g spaghetti following the pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti. Serve with more grated parmesan cheese, the remaining basil leaves and crusted bread. And enjoy! 😋.
Try our classic spaghetti bolognese recipe or try one of our other spaghetti recipes here. There are loads of different ways to make a bolognese sauce (including our healthier baked bolognese here) but we think this is our best-ever spaghetti bolognese recipe. It doesn't take a lot of ingredients (or a lot of money) to make a classic Bolognese recipe. Avoiding heavy carbs here until we're able to get out and burn them off again, so no pasta. but this ragu is great with zucchini noodles and spaghetti squash. This might be the best spaghetti bolognese recipe you'll ever make.