Sticky and Sweet Crispy Beef – WOW.
You can have Sticky and Sweet Crispy Beef – WOW using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sticky and Sweet Crispy Beef – WOW
- It’s 350 Gr of Sirloin Steak – cut into Strips.
- You need 1/2 cup of Potato flour or can use Corn flour (not as good).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion – finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of large Clove Garlic.
- You need of few slices of fresh Ginger – I use about 5-6 thin slices.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of light soy or 1 Tsp Dark with 1 Tsp Water.
- Prepare of For the Sauce:-.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Honey.
- It’s 2 Tbls of Light Soy.
- You need 3 Tbls of Water (more or less depending HOW sticky you want).
- You need 2 Tsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- You need 1 Tsp of Rice Vinegar.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Sesame Seed oil.
- It’s 2 Tsp of shaoxing cooking wine (Optional).
- You need 3 Tsp of Corn Flour – mixed into Paste.
Sticky and Sweet Crispy Beef – WOW step by step
- Slice the steak into 1 cm wide strips and place it in a bowl. (If your steak is more than 1 cm thick.
- In a food processor, Pulse the onion, garlic, and ginger until it is a paste. You can just grate everything..
- Add the marinade and 2 tsp soy sauce to the beef and mix well and marinade it in the fridge for 1 hour (or 20-30 minutes in room temperature) I do over night if want really strong flavours..
- Dust the Beef with half of the potato flour and let rest at room temp for 10 mins. Heat oil in pan until medium hot (about 190c).Then dust with the 2nd lot of potato flour and fry in batches. – the beef should sizzle the second it hits to oil. This should take 2 mins. Dry off on Kitchen Paper. Then Add back for 1 more min for 2nd fry to make extra crispy..
- For the Sauce. Add all apart from Corn Flour to a pan. And cook on a medium heat until well combined. Add the Corn Starch Slurry and stir into sauce until thick and sticky..
- Remove from heat and add in the beef and toss around in the sauce. it is ok if not ever piece of beef is coated..
- Serve immediately and HOT :).