EASY GULAB JAMUN recipe. Gulab jamun is a classic Indian sweet made with milk solids, sugar, rose water & cardamom powder. It is very famous & is enjoyed in most festive. An easy version of gulab jamun is also made with milk powder.
You can choose the method depending on the ingredients. Gulab Jamun is a mouth watering dessert which is famous all across India. Not a good recipe…did not work well…used same proportions as mentioned.but dough was not that easy to smooth out….gulabjamun turned hard while frying and were not at all soft inside… This recipe is Copyright of ChefDeHome.com. You can cook EASY GULAB JAMUN recipe using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of EASY GULAB JAMUN recipe
- It’s of for sugar syrup.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 0.5 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of Optional food colouring.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of for the sweet.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk powder (full cream for best results).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of purified butter (ghee).
- Prepare 1 of large egg (room temperature).
Easy Indian Gulab Jamun with Milk Powder. Milk Powder Nuggets Soaked in Rose Syrup. Love for Gulab Jamun is beyond words, and what makes this sweet even more popular is its amazing taste. Interestingly, the best thing about this dessert is that you can make it at home without putting much efforts.
EASY GULAB JAMUN recipe step by step
- In a pot, take the sugar and water and let it come to a light boil..
- Quickly add the cardamom powder and stir in the lemon juice. And let it sit on a low heat till you get the sweets done..
- To begin with the sweet, add the dry ingredients on a PLATE and mix gently..
- Add in your set ingredients and knead softly. Be gently with it. You don’t want the dough to be hard..
- Make small balls out of the dough. This will rise when you fry, so keep that in mind..
- Heat up some oil and gently fry in the sweet. The goal is to keep the oil temperature stable. Not too hot not to cold..
- Fry until golden brown and right when it’s done, strain it out of the oil and put it in the sugar syrup..
- Let it sit there for 5 or 10 minutes till the sweet absorbs the syrup..
- Garnish it with pistachio if you wish.
- Slurp up warm or cold..
You just need a few easily available ingredients at home to nail this easy recipe. Gulab Jamuns made from condensed milk (mawa) melted in the market like soft and mouth-made in a very easy way. Gulab Jamun is one of India's most popular sweet. These deep-fried dumplings/donuts made of dried milk [khoya] are dipped in a rose-cardamom flavored sugar syrup and make quite a treat. In India, you would find gulab jamun at every wedding, party, birthday and festivals.