Canned Tuna or Sardines con Pasta – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown.
You can have Canned Tuna or Sardines con Pasta – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Canned Tuna or Sardines con Pasta – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown
- Prepare of Base Ingredients.
- It’s 1 L of Tomato, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion, sliced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 handful of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1/4 of bell pepper, julienned (optional).
- You need of Few stalks green onions, chopped (garnish).
- It’s 2 of tsps fish sauce (or use salt, to taste).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Cooking oil for sautéing.
- It’s 1/8 c of water.
- You need of Canned Sardines.
- It’s 1 can of Sardines in tomato sauce – coarsely mashed with a fork.
- It’s of Canned Tuna.
- Prepare 1 can of Tuna in oil or your flavor choice.
- It’s of Pasta.
- It’s 2-3 of servings pasta of choice.
Canned Tuna or Sardines con Pasta – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown step by step
- Prepare the Base: Sauté in oil onions, garlic until fragrant. Mix in tomatoes and mushrooms. Add water and cover. Let the tomatoes juice up and get soft (for flavor)..
- Check if the tomatoes are ready. Add a bit more water if it's too dry. Sauté with spatula. Then add in your canned sardines or Tuna (including sauce). I coarsely mashed the fish pieces while in the pan..
- Add bell peppers if desired, and a sprinkle of green onions. Season with salt or fish sauce. Taste and let simmer a few minutes. Have you boiled your pasta while sautéing? :).
- PASTA: Boil pasta in pot according to package instructions until al denté. Don't forget to add a bit of salt and oil (in pasta water)..
- Transfer sardines/tuna to a bowl before plating with pasta. Below photo: canned sardines con pasta. Enjoy!.
- Below photo: canned tuna con wheat pasta. Enjoy!.
- VARIATION: These dishes are also great with good bread, like a sliced toasted baguette, to dip or to top. :).