Best Savory Spaghetti Casserole.
You can have Best Savory Spaghetti Casserole using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best Savory Spaghetti Casserole
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of hamburger.
- It’s of Medium diced onion.
- Prepare of Optional diced green pepper.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes (keep liquid).
- Prepare 1/2 C of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 C of sliced black olives.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1/2 C of water.
- You need 12 oz of spaghetti noodles broken in half.
- It’s 1/3 C of Parmesan cheese.
Best Savory Spaghetti Casserole step by step
- Grease a 9×13" pan, preheat oven (350 for metal pan, 325 for glass pan.
- In a large skillet, brown the hamburger and onions (and green peppers if you're using them)and drain half the fat, leave some in.
- Sprinkle with the oregano before adding the tomatoes(with liquid), olives and mushrooms, stir gently.
- Simmer on medium-low heat (just bubbling) uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Begin boiling your spaghetti for 9 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soups and water -you may need to use a little more than 1/3 C, you want the mixture loose but NOT watery..set aside.
- When the spaghetti is done, drain, and put cold water in the pot and return the spaghetti..this will cool the spaghetti so it's easier to grab (using your hands will make the process way easier).
- In the greased pan, spread half the spaghetti, top with half of the meat mixture, and spread half the cheddar cheese.
- Put the other half of the spaghetti on top of the cheese, and the other half of the meat mixture on top, followed by the remaining cheese.
- Evenly pour the soup mixture over the top, try to cover completely.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- It's ready for the oven!.
- Bake until bubbling…for metal pans it'll take 35-40 minutes and for glass pans it'll take 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- You will need a knife or a sharp spatula to cut servings, using a spoon will make a big mess!.
- Suggested sides are a nice leafy green salad and garlic bread or breadsticks.