Basic Cheese Fondue. Your fondue party won't start hopping until the cheese starts melting. Get busy with this easy, basic Cheddar cheese fondue! It's perfect with pieces of bread or vegetables.
Reduce heat to low and using a wooden spoon, sprinkle some of cheese mixture. View top rated Basic cheese fondue recipes with ratings and reviews. Basic Cheese Fondue, Charlie's Cheese Fondue, Aromatic Cheese Fondue, etc. You can have Basic Cheese Fondue using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic Cheese Fondue
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, halved crosswise.
- It’s 1 of 1⁄2 cups dry white wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of kirsch.
- Prepare 1/2 lbs of Emmental cheese, coarsely grated.
- Prepare 1/2 lbs of Gruyère, coarsely grated.
- Prepare of Grated nutmeg.
- You need of Italian or French bread cut into cubes. Stale is best.
Cheese fondue is one of the great melted-cheese dishes of the world, and it couldn't be simpler. But getting it right requires paying attention to a few key points. Here's what you need to know. Melting Pot Cheese Fondue This is the cheese fondue that the Melting Pot uses.
Basic Cheese Fondue instructions
- Rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then discard garlic..
- Add wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat..
- Gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly until cheese is just melted and creamy. Add cheese slowly until each addition is melted..
- Stir together cornstarch and kirsch in a cup and stir into cheese..
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes..
- Add nutmeg if desired and stir in..
- Transfer to fondue pot set over a low heat..
- Serve with cubed, slightly stale or dried out Italion Bread..
There's no fancy technique required for making cheese fondue—just a bit of patience. Take your time between each addition of cheese to allow it to completely melt into the wine before adding more. Prep for this no-mess treat is more complicated than boiling water—barely. "One of my all-time most memorable meals was a pot of fondue after a snowshoe walk in the eastern. Cheese Fondue – all you need is garlic, wine, cornstarch, and cheese! So versatile and perfect for the holidays.