The Best Fish Pie Filling Recipe. Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod. Here are our easy fish pie recipes with various fish pie sauces and toppings. A fish pie recipe can be as classic or modern as you make it.
Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy sauce, topped with mashed potato and a crunchy golden top. Use both smoked and unsmoked fish for best results – and it's Fish Pie (for Easter!) By:Nagi. Recipe v Video v Dozer v. You can cook The Best Fish Pie Filling Recipe using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The Best Fish Pie Filling Recipe
- It’s 320 g of tuna flakes in oil.
- You need 2 of medium sized bell peppers (Any colour will do, I used green).
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion.
- It’s 2 of medium sized carrots.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter, at room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch + 1 tsp water.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ginger powder.
Easy to prepare and super filling! The Good Housekeeping Cookery Team tests every recipe three times before publishing, so you know it will work for you. From gorgeous fish pies, to easy DIY salmon fishcakes, here are our favourite fish recipes that make the perfect main courses. "This delicious fish pie is a great excuse to pack in the veg, so use whatever you have to hand – even frozen peas! Recipe kindly shared by the Tesco Community Cookery School with Jamie Oliver.
The Best Fish Pie Filling Recipe step by step
- Gather all the ingredients. Thoroughly wash the vegetables. Grate the carrots, finely dice the garlic and cut the bell peppers and onions into cubes. Mix the water and cornstarch together..
- In a heavy bottom saucepan to avoid burning, cook the tuna flakes alone for about 2 – 3 minutes on medium heat stirring frequently. After, add in the vegetables and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring as and when needed..
- Next, add in all the seasoning, cornstarch and water mixture and butter, stir thoroughly and cook for the last 3 – 4 minutes on low heat. When done, take of the heat and allow to cool completely. Use for the intended purpose. This filling can be refrigerated for up to 1 week and frozen for up to 1 month in a zip lock bag. Just reheat for a few minutes before use..
Fish pie is the ultimate comfort food and this easy fish pie recipe is delicious and nutritious. Fish pie is perfect served with green beans or garden peas for an extra dose of The best part of this mash potato-topped fish pie recipe is the creamy, rich filling which is made with milk and infused with onion. First, because fish pie recipe is one of the most popular recipes here. It has changed lives You guys, there is nothing like delicious homemade pies. The fish filling is filled with flavour.